Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ring a Ding Ding.



I have a fear of phone conversations. That's a lie. It's not a fear. I've been programmed by society, technology and my preference for the written word over the spoken one, to shun phone conversation.

And it's funny because most people would say I am ridiculously chatty and talk way too much in person. Especially lately. When I'm at work, I find myself talking fellow sales associate's ears off and telling myself to put a sock in it. All bets are off however, when it comes to the telly. In most cases.

However, tonight I'm home alone. Which I thoroughly enjoy. I can play the same song over and over again without anyone yelling from the other room, "Haven't you had enough of that one yet?" Because no, I haven't. I fall in love with music like I fall in love with boyfriends. I like to constantly play the thought of it over and over again, feeling it repeatedly.

Anyway, it would be nice to lay on the couch and have a nice, long phone conversation tonight. I think though, that because I've become a "text only" type of friend, that if this is going to happen, I'm going to have to make the first move. (Gasp!) I. Never. Make. The. First. Move.

I think tonight, I will be calling my favorite conversationalist, James. If our topics of discussion were recorded, most people would despise us. However, we both believe that our words are what great screen plays are made of. Amazing. Beautiful. Tragic.

We are delusional. But that's okay.

By the way, I think this post has tons of grammatical errors and run ons. For once I'm going to try not to care. I will not edit this post no matter how strong my OCD tendencies tell me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment