Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I promised myself I'd do this.


I am grateful for:
  • The bouquet of yellow gerbera daisies that are STILL alive and kickin' on my windowsill
  • The fact that I've taken care of them; changing their water, cutting their stems every few days just to prolong their existence
  • Looking at my cherry-red nails and realizing I actually sat down for long enough to paint them myself
  • Remembering that I messed up numerous nails during the painting process and did not give up; but simply put nail polish remover to good use and started again
  • The research I've done on a new career path
  • The fact that it's a career that doesn't even require a college degree and the fact that this doesn't bother me
  • Because I might be at the point where I can say, "I don't care what others think. I want to be happy with myself"
  • Maybe I'm still a little scared to switch gears but I am working through it
  • The women I've allowed myself to become friends with lately
  • Women that are sober and fun and full of life and have something I want
  • Freedom to be themselves
  • The dream I had last night; a recurring dream
  • About the man I just broke up with
  • In the dream we are fighting. Well, I'm picking a fight with him
  • Pleading for him to see how his behavior affects me
  • And he's standing his ground, ignoring me, moving away from me
  • And it's heartbreaking
  • But when I wake up, I do not call him or reach out to him
  • Because I know I can't
  • Because it's really over
  • And for once I want to let sleeping dogs lie
  • And let it go
  • Can I?
  • "I'll Back You Up" by Dave Matthews kind of sums it up
  • And I'm so freaking happy about music
  • And what it does to me
  • The bag of clothes I finally removed from my car
  • Progress!
  • My dog
  • Obviously
  • She's just, the most beautiful, neurotic, furry little poodle I've ever met
  • Ah, love
  • Remember my post last week about my obsession with emotional, love-filled entanglements?
  • Thank God I was honest about that
  • Thank whatever that thing was that inspired me to write it all down
  • So that I'm aware of it
  • As I see that I'm leaning again towards an entanglement that has been present in my life for years and years
  • And I'm being honest about it
  • But for once, I'm not jumping in
  • Because I'm enjoying myself a bit
  • I do have to work on my issue with time-management
  • This head that buzzes like a bee
  • Gets so caught up in thinking
  • Rather than doing
  • And it's counter-productive
  • But, we're all human
  • We all have issues
  • My grandfather, Shwartz
  • And my faith in something
  • That I prayed to
  • To help him today
  • His first day of chemotherapy
  • So awful
  • But, I feel like if I send positive vibes his way
  • It just might help
  • Rather than wallowing, something I'm very accustomed to doing
  • Again, counter-productive
  • My 4th step
  • That I've just begun
  • It feels good
  • To get here
  • Those moments where I feel here
  • In the moment
  • I'm happy about those
  • And the run I went on this weekend
  • That reeked havoc on my lungs because of the powerful winds
  • It still made me happy
  • To get out there
  • As freaking painful as it was
  • My Saturday night
  • It was so fun
  • I haven't laughed that hard in a while
  • And I needed it
  • And I realized
  • I looked pretty
  • Don't you love those nights?
  • Where you can actually say,
  • "I feel good,"
  • Inside and out
  • Ah, life
  • Full of twists and unpredictable turns
  • I want to love you
  • No matter what you do to me

No comments:

Post a Comment