Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Unearthing these roots.


Roots,
they grow in the most unexpected places.

Once,
I felt that I had cut you from me -
so much so that I didn't feel that you were ever there.

Whimsical,
it felt to float like a leaf on a blustery day
allowing myself to be taken with the wind.

Fearful,
I was not, for quite some time.

Winter,
is that it?
Has it rooted me once again to you?

As the year dropped a zero and added a one,
why did I reminisce?


Love,
I thought about our love.
It took us by surprise,
took us over,
then took us captive.

Soulmates,
you say?

Mirrors,
is more like it.
When I look at you,
I see me,
looking back at me.

Anger,
it surfaces only
when I'm with you.

I wish I knew why.

Roots,
they are still hanging on,
linking us,
aren't they?

Let's dig them up,
push away the dirt and earth,
look at them for what they are,
and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment