Wednesday, December 22, 2010

dot.dot.dot.


What's on my mind today:

  • Chocolate. Lots of it. I quit drinking coffee and replaced it with what I thought was a much more delicate addiction: hot chocolate. I'm now drinking this at least twice a day and bouncing off the walls just as much as I was during my coffee days. Add the 2 grande cups of chocolate bliss to the chocolate truffles that were just passed around the office and you've got yourself a very sugary, caffeinated girl. It might be time to re-think this new love of mine...after I consume all the holiday cookies, brownies, cakes and pies over Christmas!
  • My hair. The new haircut looks different everyday. One day I feel stylish and chic, the next day I look like I have a head full of cowlicks or bed-head. Today is a bed-head day. This would be understandable and acceptable if I drank alcohol like the rest of the Sales team that I went out to dinner with last night. The men are wearing hats and the women left early. I am still here. Blogging about it.
  • My relationship. I was going to save this for last but not least but the guys next to me just brought up B and now he's on my mind. B is into practical gifts, gift cards or no gifts at all. I would love to splurge on a Christmas gift for him but I fear that he will take it back because it's not "needed". Gosh, thank God opposites attract because I love being able to give and get gifts that you can't justify on any other day besides Christmas morning.
  • My family. I will be visiting them for my birthday on Christmas Eve and I'm excited to see my brother most of all. As I've mentioned, he plays basketball at a faraway college and is constantly on road trips. His birthday was yesterday and it's always fun to celebrate our days together when he's home. I hope after college he stays close to home because it's weird to feel so disconnected to a sibling. Also, I am going to try to keep my mouth shut when my dad serves up Christmas Eve dinner that I HATE. It's a family tradition of his (his mother and grandmother always served it) and he insists on serving it every year on the day of my birth. This year I will practice the idea that I wrote about a few days ago :silence. Maybe I'll eat chocolate instead.
  • My dog: will she wear a Christmas outfit this year? No. I don't have the money for it. This makes me slightly upset.
  • Work. There's nothing to do here, there's nothing to pretend to do here. Well, okay, technically, I'm busy for about 3 hours of my 8 hours. It's kind of excruciating.
  • Sobriety. Must. Make. Lots. Of. Meetings. Starting. Tomorrow.
  • Letting it be. The cute little graphic below wasn't added just because I like the little bird. Personally, B and I may have hit a rough patch. Me being the sensitive and emotional girl that I am, seem to be having a hard time letting it rest in my head. It's time. There's too much good here to let the tough times take over.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lot of good writing! Have book marked the blog to continue reading :)

    ReplyDelete