Thursday, January 3, 2013

so fresh and so clean in 2013 (i didn't mean to rhyme but that was awesome)

Hello, World.  It's 2013. 

Other than my extreme phobia of watching the ball drop at midnight (for reasons unknown), and the realization that I am yet another year older (and one year away from 30--eek!) I do like the idea of starting a new 365-day chapter.

In my own personal world, I was a bad-ass in 2012.  I say this because upon looking back, this year looks to me in my minds eye, like one full of color.  I credit my job for forcing me to speak up and be bold, I credit my on-again-off-again relationship for pushing me to decide what I really f*cking want, (and what I want is to not be in said on-again-off-again relationship anymore) and I credit red lipstick for making me feel sexy.  (hehe).

This year I want to of course, grow.  Don't we all?  I'd like to let a little bit more roll off my back, I'd like to be more sensitive to others' flaws, I'd like to dive head first into the rest of my 12 steps, I'd like to run each morning at 7 am (maaaaaaaan, this one is tough), I'd like to work more to my potential career-wise, I'd like to stop taking prisoners and let em' fly, I'd like to somehow help kids in need and I'd like to use my iPhone less. 

What I want for the world is for us all to forgive ourselves.  I'd like us all to take a good look in the mirror (after we wash our makeup off/the day off) and say, "I'm human."  We are limited creatures.  We can't control all we wish we could.  We can't always have our way.  But we can try to be more compassionate today.  We can start to slow down and listen today.  We can look each other in the eye and get to know each other before we judge and we can smile more often.  Because, yes, we've all been through some sh*t, but we are esssentially all we have.  So, let's make the best of it.

Cheers to 2013.  Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment