Thursday, May 19, 2011

Playing catch up.

I have been putting off writing this post because every time I felt the urge to write about my life, something else happened!  It has been an eventful month, full of ups and downs and this ways and that ways.  For instance:

  1. My best friend from high school got married to her high school sweetheart. 
  2. I got the worst haircut of all time.  
  3. I had an emotional breakdown over it.
  4. I was a bridesmaid.  
  5. With a men's crew cut.
  6. I - again - had an emotional breakdown over it.  
  7. So did my Mother.
  8. I got extensions.
  9. No, I will not elaborate.
  10. My brother graduated from college.  
  11. The family (including myself) trekked up to northern New York to celebrate with him. 
  12. I almost died while I was there. 
  13. I went to the dentist.  This is a big deal.  
  14. So did my Mother.  This is an even bigger deal.
  15. Oh my goodness, I almost forgot:  I celebrated four years of sobriety. 


Instead of relaying every nook and cranny of the above fifteen points, I've decided that I will post photos that I've taken during these events.   We'll see if I can have enough self control to keep this post concise and to the point allowing the photos to speak for themselves (other than my captions).


{Christine looks at herself for the first time in her wedding dress on her wedding day}

{The watermelon bridesmaids before the ceremony}

{Yes, my friends, those bangs are in fact extensions.  They hurt.  Pain is beauty?} 

{Sisters with the soon-to-be graduate.  This was before we owned the dance floor.}

{Basically my only calm moment whilst staying at the lake house during brother's graduation weekend in NY.  There were cats there.  I'm severely allergic to cats.  I may or may not have contemplated jumping into the lake never to be seen again, but decided it was probably too cold.}

{A wonderfully poignant quote found in ELLE magazine while waiting for the dentist.}

{It's important that I give a little face time to my cup of coconut milk Capogiro.  I can't explain why.}

{To Thine Own Self Be True.  Four years of living proof.}

1 comment:

  1. Those are extensions? I thought extensions were to elongate one’s hair; your hair still looks kind of short. But do not misinterpret me, you look beautiful. I am elated that the wedding went well and you had a nice time. Also, on your four years Katie - that is a hell of an acquisition. That is a fucking tour de force of self control and will power. You my friend are one of the strongest people I know and I say that with complete and total sincerity. I just have to point out your four years lands on my Birthday and someone did not call. As a matter of fact no one did, not even my child’s mother made a mention of it, so do not feel bad. Sometimes I go about in pity for myself, but all the while a great wind carries me across the sky – it is just a birthday.

    I need you Katie. Call me when you can. I’m trying to remember the great wind is carrying me but very often I consign that thought to oblivion.

    Love,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete